My husband and I visited the Childress Museum this February. It was an exciting day full of fun and excitement. Dale Earnhardt's race cars were on display, including cars that had been in serious wrecks along with history of his racing career. It was great seeing the black and white # 3. I miss seeing that car on the Nascar circuit. It's been a decade since his death. He was truly an amazing race car driver and is still sorely missed today by his fans. Up the road from the Museum, about 5 miles is the Childress Vineyard. We took a tour and gained alot of knowledge of how wine is made. The trip could not be complete without bringing home a few bottles of wine that had been grown and bottled on the vineyard.
Terri~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HI Terri,
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip. Where is the museum? Does the wine have racing-related names?
The museum is in Charlotte North Carolina and the wine has no racing related names. It's a good idea though. I'm know for a fact that Nascar cannot promote alcohol or tobacco products due to the younger population that follows racing circuit.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you and Wade had a really good time in NC with Kay and her family. Here's one for you I remember P1, P2, P3 racing at Bear Ridge way back when?
ReplyDelete